$FROM$ defects to $COUNTRY$
Note that the name of this event is dynamic. It actually appears in-game with the names of the province where it fires and the occupying nation, for example, Roussillon defects to Japan.
- Is not a national capital
- Is not of the owner's national culture
- Has a garrison of at least 1000
- Is not being sieged
- Is not controlled by its legal owner
- Is not controlled by rebels, pirates or natives
- Has a war exhaustion of no more than 5
Mean time to happen
The base mean time to happen for this event is 300 months (25 years).
This is made less likely by:
- Province owner is lucky (modifier: 5.0)
This is made more likely by:
This event has two possible courses of action.
Option 1: "Integrate them into our country"
- Province joins the nation of the occupier
- Occupier gains 1 infamy
Option 2: "It is a useless piece of land"
- Occupier loses 1 prestige