Diplomatic annexation (aka DA, diplo-annex, diplo-annexation) is a diplomatic option that you may perform on a vassal. If they accept, they are annexed and become part of your nation. See the Diplo-Annexing Strategy guide for tips and suggestions.
This option requires:
- Vassal for at least 10 years
- 190 or better relations
- Same religion group
- Both nations at peace
Likelihood of Success
The following factors increase the likelihood of a successful diplo-annex:
- High monarch's diplomatic skill
- High target's diplomatic skill
- High Prestige
- Good Reputation
- Long vassalization (cap of 30 years)
- Trust level of the vassal
- Lower Reputation penalty for annexation (just 1 BB per province).
- No need to engage in warfare.
- In DW and HTTT diplo-annexation causes a stability drop of 1.
- Before HTTT, diplo-annexation would cause a decentralization gain of 1.
- Gain 1 Reputation per province in the country annexed.
- Reduces your relationships with all other vassals by 100. (HTTT)