- For other uses see: Diplomat (disambiguation).
Diplomats are the agents used to initiate diplomatic actions. Like all agents, countries can only keep 5 diplomats in reserve. Diplomatic actions are answered a day after they are initiated, but there is a month-long cool down period before the player may send another to the same country.
Creating an admiral or general costs 1 diplomat along with a sum of money proportional to how many admirals or generals are already in the player's service.
The number of diplomats you get each year depends on several factors:
- Monarch's diplomatic skills, 0.3 diplomats per skill point.
- Every step towards aristocracy, 0.6 per level.
- Prestige, 1 diplomat per 100 prestige points.
- Being the Holy Roman Emperor, 1 diplomat.
- Being at war, 1 diplomat.
- Embassy, 1 diplomat per year.
In versions before In Nomine, the Cabinet national idea gave +1 diplomat/year.