One can only form Hindustan while playing Divine Wind. It is the counterpart to Mughal Empire for native Indian cultures (as opposed to the Mughal decision, which is only availabe to Altaic or Iranian cultures). Despite the name, it is not limited to Hindu nations; Muslim Indian states may form Hindustan as well. The requirements are different depending on which culture one is playing as but the effect is the same.
- Country is not Mughals
- Hindustan does not already exist
- Tech group not Nomads
- At peace
- Stability of 3
Dravidian culture group
- You must own and have cores on the provinces in red: Bangalore, Bastar, Calicut, Golconda, Jaffna, Kondavidu, Kongu, Korales, Madras, Madurai, Malabar, Mysore, Parlakimidi, Raichur Doab, Telingana, and Tiruchchirapalli.
Eastern Aryan culture group
- You must own and have cores on the provinces in yellow: Bangala, Bihar, Chittagong, Cuttack, Indravati, Jharkhand, Koch, Maithil, Orissa, Pandua, and Vanga.
Hindusthani culture group
- You must own and have cores on the provinces in green: Agra, Allahabad, Chandigarh, Delhi, Gondwana, Kohistan, Ladakh, Lahore, Lucknow, Malwa, Mandla, Multan, Oudh, Panipat, and Sutlej.
Western Aryan culture
- You must own and have cores on the provinces in blue: Ahmadabad, Ahmadnagar, Ajmer, Bakkar, Baroda, Bikaner, Dadra, Goa, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodphur, Kathiawar, Khandesh, Konkan, Kutch, Maharastra, Nagpur, Sind, Surat, Thar, and Udaipur.
- Changes Nation to Hindustan.
- Hindustan will gain cores on Agra, Ahmadabad, Ahmadnagar, Ajmer, Allahabad, Bakkar, Bangala, Bangalore, Baroda, Bastar, Bihar, Bikaner, Calicut, Chandigarh, Chittagong, Cuttack, Dadra, Delhi, Goa, Golconda, Gondwana, Gorka, Iharkand, Indravarti, Jaffna, Jaipur, Jaisalmer, Jodphur, Kathiawar, Katmandu, Khandesh, Koch, Kohistan, Kondavidu, Kongu, Konkan, Korales, Kutch, Ladakh, Lahore, Lucknow, Madras, Madurai, Maharastra, Maital, Malabar, Maldives, Malwa, Mandla, Multan, Mysore, Nagpur, Orissa, Oudh, Pandua, Panipat, Parlakimidi, Raichur Doab, Sind, Surat, Sutlej, Telingana, Thar, Tiruchchirapalli, Udaipur, and Vanga.
- Gain 1 base tax and 250 manpower in a random province.
- Gain 5 prestige.
Hindustan was never a political entity historically speaking but comes from the Iranian term for "Land of the Hindus" (Just as our word 'India' means "Land of the Indus). It seems far more likely that the AI will create Hindustan than the Mughal Empire in the grand campaign, and in many ways poses a more significant threat as they tend to be more internally stable.