Form French Nation
The unification of France works differently in different versions of the game. In EU3 and Napoleon's Ambition, it was implemented as country event that, when the preconditions were met, could be accepted or declined, but only once. In Nomine has changed this unification to a decision. The article below lists the requirements and effects for each version separately.
- Must not be Spain (a nation with Basque primary culture can form either France or Spain), the Holy Roman Empire, or the Papal State.
- France and Revolutionary France must not currently exist.
- Must own and have cores on Maine, Berry, Vermandois, Île-de-France, Orléannais, Nemours, and Champagne.
- Primary culture must be in the French or Basque culture groups, or be the Breton culture.
- Must be at peace.
- France gains cores on Caux, Normandie, Labourd, Gascogne, Anjou, Berry, Poitou, Vermandois, Île-de-France, Orléannais, Nemours, Champagne, Bourbon, Périgord, Limousin, Toulouse, Rouergue, Auvergne, Languedoc, Cambray, and Alençon.
- Gain one merchant.
- Gain +1 base tax in one random province.
- Gain 2 Centralization.
- Gain 5 Prestige.
- Country tag becomes FRA (France).
- Capital of France becomes Île-de-France.
If you are an HRE member, and not the Emperor, taking this decision is likely to remove you from the HRE.
- France or Revolutionary France must not already exist and you must not be Spain.
- Primary culture must be in French or Basque culture group or Breton culture.
- You must own and have cores on Maine, Blois, Vermandois, Île-de-France, Orléannais, Othe and Champagne.
- Change your country to France
- Grant cores on Caux, Normandie, Saintonge, Gascogne, Anjou, Blois, Poitou, Vermandois, Ile-de-France, Orléannais, Othe, Champagna, Bourbon, Périgord, Limousin, Toulouse, Rouergue, Auvergne, Avignon and Cambray.
- Gain +1 base tax in a random owned province.
- Gain two points toward centralization.
- Gain +5 prestige.
- Move Capital to Ile-de-France (Paris).
- Gain +1 merchant.
EU3 and Napoleon's Amibition
This is an event that lets one change one's country name to France.
The following conditions must be met for the event to fire:
- France must not already exist.
- One must not be Spain. (As Basque is a valid culture for forming Spain as well.)
- One must not have declined the event previously.
- One must belong to either the French culture group, the Basque culture group or have Breton as primary culture.
- One must own these provinces: Maine, Blois, Vermandois, Île-de-France, Orléannais, Othe and Champagne.
- One must not be at war.
The mean time to happen for this event is 216 months.
- For each of these provinces owned the MTTH is decreased by 5%: Caux, Normandie, Vendée, Saintonge, Gascogne, Poitou, Périgord, Limousin, Toulouse, Rouergue, Languedoc, Lyonnais and Dauphiné.
- The Bureaucracy national idea decreases the MTTH by 20%.
- Centralization steps 3, 4 and 5 decrease the MTTH by 10%, 30% and 50% respectively. (90% total)
You receive the following provinces as cores:
- Caux, Normandie, Saintonge, Gascogne, Anjou, Blois, Poitou, Vermandois, Île-de-France, Orléannais, Othe, Champagne, Bourbon, Périgord, Limousin, Toulouse, Rouergue, Auvergne and Avignon.
You also receive the following when you become France:
- Gain 1 Merchant.
- Gain 5 Prestige.
- Gain 1 base tax in a random province you own.
- Move 2 towards Centralization.
- The capital will be moved to Île-de-France.
If you decline to become France:
- Move 2 towards Decentralization.
- Lose 1 base tax in a random province you own.