Midgame Superpower Slice & Dice
Useful for taking down large nations, i.e. Africans, France, England, Ming. Basically an amphibious blitz/peace/repeat.
Research Land 9 for Mauricians (Land Tech 18 in IN/HTTT) against non-European targets or wait for Land 19 (28 in IN/HTTT) Gustavians to minimize effects of France/GB's uber-generals. 1-2 Generals with high maneuver to minimize attrition, attach them to large infantry attack group(s) 10/15k deep. Ready some siege groups for transport nearby (2inf/2cannon) group * 2-3 groups works
- Find a nation itching to be cut in half at 2-4 provinces, one of which has port.
- Land sufficient troops in attack group(s) to take/hold, land through one port only and knife your way inland to the other side. (2k Gustavian vs Swahili in E. Africa, 30K Gustavian in 2 groups to cut France from Morbihan to Orleans, quite satisfying).
- Land your siege groups, and bounce your attack group(s) around to protect the siege groups.
- make peace as soon as possible when sieges are complete and you have sufficient war score.
- Build regimental camps on new provinces during the truce and max them out with infantry and a couple cannons.
- Pick a half, any half to attack next. Sans capital is probably less defended.
Why it Works
- Ages old 'divide & conquer'
- AI potential for reinforcements cut in half, regimental camps provide instant resupply for new leaders/depleted regiments, produce reinforcements at 2x speed, only need to defend one base, while AI must defend 2 fronts
- AI gets -30% tax income on half its provinces.