This article is only accurate for EU3 and Napoleon’s Ambition, version 2.2.
Please help update this page to include information on the IN, HTTT and DW expansions.
Europa Universalis III (EUIII) is a grand strategy computer game by Paradox Interactive. The game and its expansion were later ported to Mac OS X by Virtual Programming.
Napoleon's Ambition (often abbreviated NA) is the first of four expansions released for EU3, and introduces many new features, one of the most notable being the expansion of the timeline from 1453-1793 to 1453-1822.
- Expanded Timeline to 1822
- Leaders/Rulers/Advisors by event and historically
- Revolution and Revolutionary events (and new government types)
- New Revolution themed ideas
- Auto-send merchants
- Building a new COT
- Open markets overseas
- New Westernization events
- Colonial Range feature
- Moving your capital
- Improved Interface
- Options for AI Aggressiveness, free agents, putting inflation on gold or turning it off, spreads of discovery time for land and water provinces, and colonist size.
- Colour changes for several countries
- Many new countries all over the globe including Revolutionary France
Adapted from does NA add?
Napoleon's Ambition can be installed over EU3 1.0 to 1.3, causing the version to become 2.0.
Two patches have been released for NA, bringing the game to Version 2.2
The second expansion for EU3, Europa Universalis III: In Nomine requires NA to be installed and updates the game version to 3.0.
Windows XP, Windows 2000
512 MB System RAM
1.9 GHz Processor
128 MB DirectX 9.0c compatible video card
1 GB free hard disk space
Mac OS X Edition:
Mac OS X 10.3.9 or higher
512 MB System RAM
Intel or G5 processor
GeForce 5200, Radeon 9600 or GMA 950 with 64 MB VRAM
700 MB free hard disk space
Input = Keyboard & Mouse
Patch 2.1 was released on 24 October 2008. See the patch 2.1 release notes.
Patch 2.2 is the latest and last patch for Napoleon's Ambition as development now focuses on more recent expansion packs. See the patch 2.2 release notes.