Jump to navigation Jump to search
This is directly taken from forums. Thanks Johan for providing the patch notes.
Changes for 2.2
This new patch has many updates. Requires Napoleon's Ambition.
- Decreased technology costs over time with 25%.
- Bankruptcy hit on inflation is now only 1% for each loan and nothing else.
- A one-province state receiving such a shattering disaster as a bankruptcy will now have its culture and religion set to the dominating one in their only province.
- Incoming diplomatic actions are now saved properly.
- You will no longer end up at war together with an enemy due to warnings or guarantees.
- Alliance offers now automatically cancel if you go to war with that nation.
- Vassals can no longer use warnings and guarantees.
- If the target of a succession war is annexed in another war, that war will turn into a normal war the next day.
- Annexing a union overlord now generates a new monarch for the junior partner.
- Annexing a country now converts all constructions to the annexing country.
- Accumulated losses in a battle is now saved in savegames.
- Fixed a problem with cancelled movement of retreating units.
- Troops on a ship moving in and out of a port will not engage in battle.
- Multiple discoveries should not stack in history log now.
- Missionaries are now cheaper but takes longer to convert.
- CoT's can no longer spawn in non-core provinces.
- Fullscreen refresh rate was sometimes set to 0 in settings.
- Changed DirectSound cooperative level from DSSCL_NORMAL to DSSCL_PRIORITY.
- CGraphicsSettings::EnumerateDisplayModes now enumerates possible display modes from 50 Hz instead of 60 Hz, since the former is used on some laptops.
- Changed the Idea graphics from a strip to separate icons in order to fix a glitch many people with ATI graphics card have reported.
- "primitive" culture groups reverted to tech era 1 unit graphics in era 4 (they now keep using era 3.)
- Fixed a selection bug causing the wrong sound to play.
- Increased the size of the diplomatic dialog, and made more room for the description text.
- Basechance for colonisation success is now displayed correctly.
- Many improvements to the colonist success report dialog.
- Colonial range, trade efficiency and production efficiency should now always be displayed correctly in a tech advance popup.
- The wrong country's monarch title was used for new papal controller message.
- Captured ships are now tallied properly in the naval battle summary.
- You now get popups when sending spies to rebel-controlled territory.
- Fixed a glitch showing an empty province view for a very short time when deselecting a besieged province.
- The overseas modifier tooltips are now only shown when valid.
- Improved the tooltip for discipline in a country.
- Guarantee tooltip on the map in diplomatic mapmode now is showing correctly.
- Fixed the tooltip for colonial range when new naval tech levels are reached (always showed +0).
- Fixed the tooltip for province culture change event effects using THIS.
- Player set column sort order in ledgers is now remembered (but not persistent between sessions).
- The legends (colored lines) in ledger graph were in the completely wrong place.
- Number of colonists in a colony should now be properly sorted in the ledger.
- fixed some spelling errors and typos, and improved support for French and German versioms.
- Rewrote the economical AI from scratch, to not rely on crutches to never go below zero in gold for maintenance costs.
- Fixed a bug which caused the AI to not recruit leaders if it had a lot of money.
- AI will now only build up to 125% of force limits instead of 200%.
- AI no longer cheats on sending colonies, merchants, spies or recruiting merchants.
- AI can now go bankrupt.
- AI now learned to save up money for building buildings if needed.
- AI now reduced maintenance when at peace and not preparing for war.
- AI now values tax-increasing buildings a bit higher when evaluating what to build.
- AI countries would always accept loans offered at 1% interest, that has now changed. AI will now also decline short duration loans, and loans offered by countries it hates.
- The AI will no longer declare war on someones vassal if it is allied with the vassal's liege.
- AI will no longer disband regiments in an area with fronts, or if land maintenance is not the real issue.
- Expansion AI will stop colonizing if loan interest reaches 1/3 of the total monthly income.
- Fixed the vassalization peace cost evaluation for the AI. (i.e., it wont no longer view it as a whitepeace)
- Alleviated AI open market request spam.
- The military AI got a severe workover, with lots of functionality improved.
- AI now properly understands that rebels are enemies, and will attack them if they have a chance to win.
- AI is now a bit more optimal in creating armies.
- Units assigned to front Ai should no longer get stuck.
- Tweaked evaluation formulas for determening best armies to attack with.
- Fixed a few glitches in the AI when sieges occupied forts on its own territory would cause it to break down.
- Improved recklessness checks in front AI to be more aggressive against besieging forces.
- When assigned to a front AI, units moving in the wrong direction will cancel movement.
- AI will no longer split its armies to sort out low morale regiments during sieges.
- Fixed some issues where the front AI viewed human units as empty.
- Added move cache and checks to the front AI.
- Front will now synchronize (initial) attacks from multiple directions like in HoI2.
- Increased acceptable attacks odds for front.
- Added river crossing check to front odds calculations.
- The AI will now withdraw from hopeless land battles (if it can).
- Naval AI now takes account of ship hull size, damage and morale (in addition to number of cannons) when judging its own and enemy fleet power.
- Naval AI is now very careful about moving ships out of harbor if there is an enemy fleet blockading.
- Invasion AI was completely blind to human enemy forces, and should no longer be that. (i.e., human armies are NOT size 0 always!)
- Fixed a bug in the transport AI that would not properly move inland armies to the coast and then transport them from there.
- Fixed a problem with stuck AI fleets. It was trying to move fleets multiple times, thus resetting movement.
- Naval AI should be more obsessive about annihilating the enemy navy before forming blockade fleets.
- Transport AI fleets will now correctly finish loading troops before moving.
- Rewrote large parts of the Transport and Invasion AIs. Dramatic improvements should be apparent.
- Tweaked the history of Ferghana
- Extended union and alliance between GBR and HAN
- Government changes in the late history for the Netherlands.
- Changed the map color of Tirol to distinguish it from Austria.
- Tweaked historical ideas for Ming and Manchu.
- Added some forts in South-East Asia.
- Fixed the port roration in tauisk.
- Fixed bug in EVENTDESC6100
- Event 1075 no longer lets you build manufactories in colonies.
- Reduced spamming of events 3075, 3076 and 5062 in large empires.
- Added cores to Persian nation forming event 1008.