$FROM$ defects to $COUNTRY$
(Redirected from Province defection event)Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is accurate for the latest versions of EU3, Napoleon’s Ambition, In Nomine, Heir to the Throne and Divine Wind.
This is a province event in which an occupied province wants to join the side of the occupier.
Note that the name of this event is dynamic. It actually appears in-game with the names of the province where it fires and the occupying nation, for example, Roussillon defects to Japan.
- Has a war exhaustion of 15 or more
- Is at war
- Has less than -10 war score
- Is not a national capital
- Is not of the owner's national culture
- Has a garrison of at least 1000
- Is not being sieged
- Is not controlled by its legal owner
- Is not controlled by rebels, pirates or natives
- Has a war exhaustion of no more than 5
Mean time to happen
The base mean time to happen for this event is 300 months (25 years).
This is made less likely by:
- Province owner is lucky (modifier: 5.0)
This is made more likely by:
- Province does not have the owner's state religion (modifier: 0.8)
- Owner has less than 0 prestige (modifier: 0.8)
- Owner has less than -50 prestige (modifier: 0.8)
- Owner has less than 0 stability (modifier: 0.8)
- Owner is over the badboy limit (modifier: 0.8)
This event has two possible courses of action.
Option 1: "Integrate them into our country"
- Province joins the nation of the occupier
- Occupier gains 1 infamy
Option 2: "It is a useless piece of land"
- Occupier loses 1 prestige