(Redirected from Steppe Horde)Jump to navigation Jump to search
Steppe Nomads is a new government type introduced in Divine Wind. This is the brutal rule of the warrior nomads of Central Asia.
- Activation: Stepe Hordes begin with the government
- Administrative Efficiency: 1.30
- Policy Minimum: Innovative vs. Narrowminded +1, Centralization vs.Decentralization +2
- Policy Maximum: None
- Magistrates: None
- Global revolt risk +1, Infamy gain -1, Infamy limit +10, Technology cost +50%. In 5.1, also +100% forcelimit, +100% manpower, -25% regiment cost.
- Automatic war with all non-Steppe Horde neighbors.
- Limited diplomatic options with non-Hordes. One side may pay tribute or concede defeat, and hordes may vassalize small neighbors.
- Cannot win or lose provinces normally. Instead, civilized neighbors may colonize provinces that they control. If a settlement reaches 1000 people it defects. In 5.1 and onward, if a horde controls a civilized province for a long enough period, it will defect to the horde.
- Like the other Tribal governments, a Tribal Succession Crisis (a pretender, rebels in all non-core provinces, and two years of +10 revolt risk) will ensue on the death of a monarch.
- Unlike other Tribal governments, there are no penalties for having an incapable leader and a large country.
Reforming Steppe Nomads
- Reform the Government: Requires ruler with 7+ administrative skill, 70%+ legitimacy, Government 10, Centralization vs.Decentralization less than 2, Innovative vs. Narrowminded less than 2, Stability 2 and at peace.
- Result is a Despotic Monarchy and -5 stability . This allows for normal relations with one's non-horde neighbors (although it means immediate war with Horde neighbors!)
- Reaching Government 10 is nearly impossible without first Westernizing technology, since research is crippled past level 6.
- Hordes in the Altaic culture group (all of them, in unmodified DW) can also form the Mughal Empire to escape being a horde.