Theatrum Orbis Terrarum
The Theatrum Orbis Terrarum Mod by Pishtaco makes a striking change to the overall appearance of maps in EU3, giving it a hand-drawn flavour and a cleaner layout for flags. The mod is still in development and will probably see additions and polishing.
Latest version is: 3.0
- New textures and pixelshaders
- A cleaner, more stylized, more informative terrain map
- Smoother colours on the political maps
- Stationary water and smaller flags
- Version 1.2a now works with the mod-switcher
- The water is no longer wavy and shiny; the game should run faster. I have also included an even more basic water effect as an option, but I don't expect it will give any significant performance improvement.
- Farmland stands out less and is less green
- Flags slightly less square
- Borders don't get blotchy when zoomed out
- Map grain made more even, so that Russia is no longer stripy
- FOW & TI now line up with province borders
- FOW slightly darker
- Added more colour to the terrain map, to make it useful when zoomed out
- Tweaked the water to match the map in the full game
- Fixed various problems
- Included an option to keep Paradox's terrain map
- Water shading has been cleaned up
- Province borders are back
- Changes to fields, jungles and rivers
- Some tweaks to the lighting
For version 0.9 there was criticism that internal province borders were too difficult to see. This has been changed for version 0.92.