What is new in Divine Wind?
(Redirected from What is new in Divine Wind)Jump to navigation Jump to search
What is new and what has changed in Divine Wind?
The Far East
- Japan divided in four Daimyos vying for control of the Shogunate
- Ming becomes a Celestial Empire with factions struggling for government control. Some actions like trading, colonizing, religious conversion or war declarations are only available with a certain faction in control.
- Default state for horde nations is now war with all non-horde neighbors
- War with a horde will not cause war exhaustion
- Can spend colonists to civilize horde provinces
Trade & Buildings
- New building types
- Buildings cost magistrates
- Fort 5 & 6 now give 100% defense
- Trade Range now controls which CoT's you can trade in
- Controlling the trade of Strategic resources will provide bonuses
- Bonus for controlling the majority of the worlds trade and/or production of a trade good
Diplomacy & War
- Ability to call allies into war when needed if you are the war leader
- Possibility of integrating countries you're in personal union with after 50 years
Sphere of Influence & Vassals
- Each country in the player's Sphere of Influence will now provide increased magistrates and diplomacy skill
- Sphere of Influence cost is scaled by amount of countries in it
- Sphere of Influence range is now the same as your trade range
- Vassals will no longer give military access to a country its master is at war with
- Masters can call on vassals in a war even if they're not the leader
- Half of a vassal's support limit will count towards its master's without subtracting from its own
- Mercantilists receive trade bonuses for owning provinces
- Free traders receive increased merchant chance and greater range
The Holy Roman Empire
- Leaving the HRE is no longer a province decision
- When a HRE country inherits another country, the imperial provinces are automatically cored
- New peace option to force the Holy Roman Emperor to revoke the last decision
- Each rebel type now have their own unique flag
- Different rebel types will now fight each other
- Some province decisions becomes buildings but provinces decisions as a concept stay in the game 
- Sea provinces have increased colonial distance
- New trade winds have been added and altered to make England closer to North America and the Iberian Peninsula closer to South America
Graphics and interface
- New map and unit textures
- New peace negotiation interface
- Imperial authority and papal influence is now displayed in the main interface
- Army size is now displayed on the map, similar to Victoria 2
- March 4 beta patch adds new map modes, to see fortification levels, province wealth, and other informations to more efficiently administrate your empire
- You will generally receive more magistrates than in HTTT
- Englands missions have been scaled back
- During development, the idea to increase the maximum storable envoys from 5 to 9, was dropped. 5 remains the maximum in Divine Wind.
- The offensive "lose fort of go defensive" events have been changed to lower the defensiveness of a province
- National ideas rebalanced, including boosts for Bureaucracy and Bill of Rights.
- The "open markets" bug in multiplayer is fixed
- Divine Wind - Developer Diary #2 - "Of what real value is a title? The power is the only important thing"
- Divine Wind - Developer Diary #3 - The Middle Kingdom
- Divine Wind Dev Diary 6 – It came from the plains...
- Divine Wind - Developer Diary #5 - To build a new Nation
- Divine Wind - Developer Diary #5 post
- Divine Wind - Developer Diary #8 - Trading Evolved
- Dev Diary 9 – Diplomacy
- Divine Wind Developer Diary 11 – Diplomatic changes
- Post 11840763
- Divine Wind Developer Diary 10 – Minor Features
- Divine Wind - Developer Diary #5 post
- Divine Wind - Developer Diary #1 - A game too good to die
- Divine Wind - Developer Diary #7 - Peace, what is it good for?
- Divine Wind- Dev Diary 4 – Achieving More
- EU III Forum exclusive - Divine Wind Achievements
- Offensive policy and the destruction of fort event
- 4.1b Patch Announcement #138