Europa Universalis 3 Wiki
This article is accurate for the latest versions of EU3, Napoleon’s Ambition, In Nomine, Heir to the Throne and Divine Wind.
Any country may claim the title Defender of the Faith for their particular religion. Claiming it costs around 500 ducats. You lose the title as soon as you lose a war. A white peace as the aggressor counts as a loss. You will not lose the title for refusing a Call to Arms.
- A Call to Arms against any country declaring war on a country with your religion (which you defend). This includes a Casus belli on nations with your religion if they declare on another nation of your religion.
- A prestige bonus (+1%/year)
- A bonus of 0.5 to both Land and Naval morale
- Increased monthly war exhaustion reduction of 2.5%
- No badboy points for a declaration of war supporting an ally with your religion (pre-HTTT)
- Trade and production research becomes 20% more expensive (!)
- The revolt risk in provinces without your state religion will be higher