Jump to navigation Jump to search
This article is accurate for the latest versions of EU3, Napoleon’s Ambition, In Nomine, Heir to the Throne and Divine Wind.
In Europa Universalis III a number of easter eggs and pop culture references can be found, put in either as amusement for the staff of Paradox Interactive or of their players. Several can be found in the game and its expansions, including:
- Aragon's mission Become King of Gonder
- Saruhan's flag; based on the White Hand of Saruman
- Fear and Loathing in $PROVINCENAME$
- Death of a Salesman
- The Discovery
- Daggers in the Dark seems to be a playful reference to the board game Cluedo
- Visit from some shady people quotes The Godfather
- The leader and monarch names for Gotland include the names of some Paradox employees, as well as Björk's. Their ship names also contain several puns, including Stor Blå Blob (Big Blue Blob in Swedish), Komet Siktad (Comet Sighted) and My Heir is Dead.